NOTE: This position has been filled. Thank you!
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR VOLUNTEERS IN SERVICE TO THE ELDERLY (VISTE)
Position: Development Director
Status: Full time; exempt
Reports To: President
Direct Reports: NA
About VISTE: The mission of VISTE is to enable frail and elderly persons to live independently and safely in their own home.
Position Summary: The Development Director has operational responsibility for both increasing VISTE’s existing funding and adding new funding sources to support the mission of this growing organization. The Development Director will work closely with the President, Board of Director’s, particularly its Development Committee, staff, and volunteers to develop, manage and execute VISTE’s short- and long-term fundraising goals and strategies to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated. Reporting directly to the President, the Development Director will serve as a senior member of VISTE’s management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and oversee fundraising activities including an annual fundraising plan, annual fund appeals, special events, corporate/individual giving, planned giving, major gifts, and other development strategies to ensure a comprehensive and successful fundraising program.
• Work with Board Development Committee to design and lead fundraising plan (that includes Identification, Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship activities) aligned with agency goals and objectives.
• In conjunction with Board and community contacts, broaden funding sources, strengthen donor and community relationships, and develop sustainable fiscal resources.
• Coordinate grant development and management with President. Research and maintain working knowledge of local and national grant funders.
• Provide President, Development Committee, staff and other stakeholders with relevant and up-to-date fundraising information.
• Create and monitor annual Development budget.
• Design and implement policies and procedures to enhance fundraising.
• Serve as resource to President, Board, and Development Committee, providing recommendations to engage stakeholders in, and build a culture of, asset development.
• Passionate about non-profit work and VISTE’s mission.
• Excellent people skills, including ability to work closely and confidentially with diverse individuals. Strong team building and team management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, collaborative, highly organized and results oriented.
• Quick learner with ability to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously.
• Ability to initiate, identify, and capitalize on collaborative or funding opportunities.
• Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, work independently, and monitor progress towards goals.
• Ability to utilize Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system to track and effectively mine and analyze donor/ prospect data.
• Ability to ask for and close major gifts.
• Strong ethical conduct in keeping with the Code of Ethical Standards adopted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
• Proven success in managing and meeting goals for various fundraising activities including grants, annual appeals, sponsorships and special events.
• Proven success cultivating and maintaining exceptional relationships with donors and funders.
• Proven experience developing successful relationships with Board members and other volunteers in a non-profit organization.
• 3 – 5 years of fundraising experience preferred, including relevant volunteer work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business preferred. Consideration given for comparable work experience.
• Proficient working within MS Office Suite.
• Ability to hold all work-related data, particularly donor information, in confidence both during and after employment with VISTE.
• Familiarity with local Polk County area funders and philanthropic individuals and organizations.
• Proficient in Social Media tools.
• Major Gifts and Planned Giving experience a plus.
• Expertise working with Bloomerang or other donor database CRM system(s).
• Experience training others in fundraising and best practices.
Development Director reports to the President. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include four weeks’ vacation plus ten paid holidays, up to 3% match for 403 (b) plan and collegial and meaningful work environment. Qualified applicants must successfully pass background check.
Send resumes electronically to [email protected]