POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR
VOLUNTEERS IN SERVICE TO THE ELDERLY
Position: Paratransit Driver
Status: 25-40 hrs/week; non-exempt
Reports To: Transportation Manager
The mission of VISTE is to enable frail elderly persons to live independently and safely in their own home.
The Driver is responsible for transporting clients in a safe, courteous, timely, and professional manner. The specifics are determined by the varying needs of the clients, as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic map reading skills
- Knowledge of Polk County geographical area, roads, and locations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage a schedule
- Willingness to work beyond standard hours, as needed
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Valid insurance
- Ability to drive in all reasonable conditions (varied weather, non-daylight hours, etc)
- Access to a vehicle in good repair
- Physically able to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds
- A high school diploma or GED, and three or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success
In order to support VISTE in the mission of enabling frail elderly persons to live independently and safely in their own homes, the Driver will do the following.
- Transport clients to their appointments as assigned by Transportation Manager.
- Assist clients as necessary.
- Communicate client needs or concerns to the appropriate VISTE office.
It will be known that the person holding this position is successfully completing duties and performing tasks when the following are accomplished.
- Clients are transported to their appointments in a safe and timely manner.
- Information about client needs is communicated to relevant VISTE departments.
- Clients are able to remain safely in their homes
Interested applicants should fill out an application in person at VISTE headquarters, M-F between 8am and 4pm. Questions? Call Gina Brossart, Finance and Operations Director at 863-284-0828 or email [email protected]