VISTE is hiring a full-time driver to transport our elderly clients to necessary destinations. Please email Rodney, Transportation Manager at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter, or stop by the office M-F between 8am and 4pm to fill out an application.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR DRIVER OF VOLUNTEERS IN SERVICE TO THE ELDERLY
Position: Paratransit Driver Status: 30-40 hrs/week; non-exempt Reports To: Transportation Manager
About VISTE: The mission of VISTE is to enable frail elderly persons to live independently and safely in their own home.
Position Summary: The Driver is responsible for transporting clients in a safe, courteous, timely, and professional manner. The specifics are determined by the varying needs of the clients, as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
1. Strong organizational skills
2. Strong customer service skills
3. Basic map reading skills
4. Knowledge of Polk County geographical area, roads, and locations
5. Ability to communicate effectively
6. Ability to manage a schedule
7. Willingness to work beyond standard hours, as needed
8. Valid Florida Driver’s License
9. Valid auto insurance
10. Ability to drive in all reasonable conditions (varied weather, non-daylight hours, etc)
11. Access to a vehicle in good repair
12. Physically able to complete assigned tasks
13. Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds
14. A high school diploma or GED, and three or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success
Position Duties: In order to support VISTE in the mission of enabling frail elderly persons to live independently and safely in their own homes, the Driver will do the following.
1. Transport clients to their appointments as assigned by Transportation Manager.
2. Assist clients as necessary.
3. Communicate client needs or concerns to the appropriate VISTE office.
Position Standards: It will be known that the person holding this position is successfully completing duties and performing tasks when the following are accomplished.
1. Clients are transported to their appointments in a safe and timely manner.
2. Information about client needs is communicated to relevant VISTE departments.
3. Clients are able to remain safely in their homes.
1. Work with the Transportation Office to know when client transportation is scheduled.
2. Call clients in advance of the appointment to confirm transportation needs.
3. Pick up clients at the agreed upon time, at their door.
4. Assist client into and out of the vehicle as necessary.
5. Assist client with carrying personal items (groceries, walker, oxygen, etc.) based on the individual needs of the client.
6. Return client to their home or final destination.
7. Remain in contact with the Transportation Department in order to learn of and communicate about any changes or concerns.
8. Use the most efficient manner of travel and mileage.
9. Utilize approved identification to show the client and community that the transportation is provided by VISTE.
10. Record and submit mileage and time as required by the Finance and Operations Director.
11. Submit daily paperwork as required by the Transportation Manager.
12. Follow all rules and guidelines established by law, VISTE policy, and the Transportation Manager.
13. When necessary, share any safety, health, repair, or personal needs of clients by use of the incident report submitted to Transportation Manager.
14. Maintain vehicle used for client transportation. Vehicle must remain safe, clean, organized, and accessible to clients.