VISTE is hiring a part-time administrative assistant to assist in our growing transportation department. Please email Rodney, Transportation Manager at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter, or stop by the office M-F between 8am and 4pm to fill out an application.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Transportation Focus) VOLUNTEERS IN SERVICE TO THE ELDERLY
Position: Administrative Assistant (Transportation Focus) Status: Part time; non-exempt Reports To: Transportation Manager Direct Reports: none
About VISTE: The mission of VISTE is to enable frail elderly persons to live safely and independently in their own home.
Position Summary: The Transportation Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Transportation Manager to communicate effectively with our elderly clients, and assure their requests are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
1. Exhibits polite and professional communication with clients and caregivers
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
3. Strong customer service skills
4. Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google maps
5. Willingness to work on tasks as assigned, and ability to multi-task
6. Willingness to work after standard hours, or alternate hours, as needed
7. A high school diploma or GED, and three or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success
Position Duties: In order to support VISTE in the mission of enabling frail elderly persons to live safely and independently in their own homes, the Transportation Administrative Assistant will do the following.
1. Maintain communication, via phone, with clients requiring transportation services.
2. Support the Transportation Manager.
3. Be as positive and helpful to our elderly clients as possible.
4. Provide information by answering questions and requests.
5. Enter details of each trip and other relevant data into VISTE’s computer database, FAMCare.
6. Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks, as needed.
7. Fill in for Transportation Manager when he is out of the office.