Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Patricia Wright, Program Director by emailing [email protected]
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR
SUPPLEMENTAL GROCERY COORDINATOR
VOLUNTEERS IN SERVICE TO THE ELDERLY
Position: Supplemental Grocery Coordinator
Status: Part time; non-exempt
Reports To: Program Director
The mission of VISTE is to enable frail and elderly persons to live safely and independently in their own homes. Go to viste.org to learn more.
The Supplemental Grocery Coordinator is responsible for working with staff and coordinate volunteers to sort, pack, and distribute supplemental groceries to VISTE clients.
1. Ability to communicate effectively
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Strong problem solving skills
4. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
5. Willingness to work on tasks as assigned
6. Willingness to work beyond standard hours, as needed
7. Willingness to travel locally as assigned
8. Valid Florida Driver’s License
9. A high school diploma or GED, and three or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success
General Performance Requirements:
1. Flexible schedule with core hours Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 Noon
2. Work environment is primarily indoors in both air conditioned and none-air-conditioned space. Storing of food in chillers and freezers is also involved.
3. Must be physically capable of walking, using a hand pallet jack, being on your feet for extended periods of time, and regularly lifting items up to 50 pounds in weight.
In order to support VISTE in the mission of enabling frail and elderly persons to live safely and independently in their own homes, the Food Distribution Coordinator will do the following:
1. Supervise and coordinate warehouse volunteer operations including unloading of trucks; forklift operations; sorting, packing and distribution of commodities, etc.
2. Coordinate the distribution of monthly commodities, which are delivered by volunteers.
3. Coordinate the distribution of monthly commodities, which are picked up by clients.
It will be known that the person holding this position is successfully completing duties and performing tasks when the following are accomplished:
1. All supplemental groceries are distributed to clients in a timely and courteous manner.
2. Volunteers are coordinated in order to carry out necessary tasks.
3. Volunteers feel appreciated and understand the significance of their role.
Supplemental Groceries – Delivered by Volunteers
1. Design and maintain routes for monthly commodity delivery.
2. Assure that all clients will have commodities delivered during the promised time.
3. Assure that volunteer routes are appropriate and are not too big or geographically spread out
4. When necessary, determine substitute volunteer drivers, utilizing the Community Engagement Director as needed.
5. When necessary, assign substitute volunteers to routes.
6. Create maps and directions for volunteers as necessary.
7. Update routes when client needs change.
8. Enter commodity deliveries into agency software and database.
9. Maintain Client special request for delivery with supplemental grocery delivery.
Supplemental Groceries – Picked Up by Clients
1. Create the list of clients who will pick up each month.
2. Enter commodity pickups into agency software and database.
1. Communicate regularly with volunteers for all tasks.
2. Assure that volunteer roles are assigned well in advance of the need.
3. Use established resources to replace volunteers as needed.
4. Create yearly calendars for pick-up and delivery.
5. Oversee training of warehouse volunteers (sorting/ packing / stocking) and delivery volunteers.
6. Work collaboratively with the Warehouse Manager and other VISTE staff.
7. Handle reporting for USDA, RMS, and Feeding Tampa Bay.
8. Maintain relationships with local nonprofits VISTE partners with – (Dream Center, Florida Baptist Children’s Home, SPCA, Achievement Academy, Top Buttons).